We partner with thousands of content providers, industry experts and others, so you can deliver all types of information to users on your terms, all from one place.
Content Partnerships and Resources
EBSCO partners with publishers, database licensors and other information providers to bring you the strongest and most extensive collection of content possible. These partnerships give you access to:
- Leading subject indexes: EBSCO maintains relationships with essential subject index providers across the academic, corporate and medical fields to bring robust metadata to you and your users. Indexes include CINAHL, Inspec, MEDLINE, PsycINFO and many others.
- Licensed databases: Because we work with other database providers, you can bring more full-text content to your users.
- Workflow options: EBSCO partners with workflow solution vendors, giving libraries the freedom to purchase EBSCO eBooks within their existing workflows.
- Corporate solutions: Our partnerships with corporate and government information providers give your users access to premium organizational learning, corporate research and business information content.
EBSCO’s discovery partnerships ensure your users enjoy seamless access to your entire collection of resources.
- Integrated library system (ILS) partnerships: EBSCO has partnered with dozens of ILS vendors worldwide to give libraries the choice of interfaces. Libraries can choose to use the EBSCO Discovery Service front end and have ILS functionality available through ILS API integration, or use the ILS front end and have all of EBSCO’s discovery content made available through EDS API integration.
- Metadata partnerships: EBSCO has an extensive list of primary publisher partners and other content providers that contribute robust metadata to the unified index of EBSCO Discovery Service. As EDS grows, there is no limit to the number of resources that can be included in the discovery experience.
- Metadata sharing: EBSCO encourages openness and transparency in the discovery service market. We share metadata with other major discovery service providers, ensuring that EBSCO databases can be searched within any discovery service that partners with EBSCO for metadata exchange.
Our medical partnerships benefit both healthcare providers and researchers. EBSCO partners with many medical societies, publishers and systems to bring clinicians and researchers full-text content in a variety of formats. Examples of partnerships include:
- Accredited publishers so users can earn continuing medical education (CME) and CEU credits and help hospitals meet commission standards or Meaningful Use designation
- American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) to help healthcare organizations achieve magnet status
Open Source and Open Access
Open source partnerships mean you can tailor your users’ EBSCO experience with the software that best works for them. Our products can be integrated with many open source solutions. Examples include VuFind, Kuali OLE, Black Light, Koha and more. EBSCO is also a major contributor to open source publications.
Additionally, EBSCO maintains relationships with a number of open access journals and is dedicated to acquiring only the highest-quality open access content. We add indexing to open access articles to help better surface these journals within EBSCO resources.
EBSCO Discovery Service works seamlessly with numerous open access repositories, including HathiTrust, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Gallica, Yale Medicine Thesis Digital Library and more.